2.16.2012

Let the Great World Spin, Colum McCann


I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to start Let The Great World Spin by Colum McCann next. (Although I am excited to ready Then Again by Diane Keaton I wanted to break up the biographies).

I'm about half way through Let The Great World Spin and so far I'm really enjoying it. The book is a collection of unique stories, each one being a glimpse into the lives of various New York residents and an exploration into the characters' pasts, struggles, and personal demons. The stories are so well crafted that they cleverly intertwine throughout the book and loop back to one event on an August morning in 1974 wherein a tightrope walker embarks on a journey between the twin towers.

I can't wait to see where this story goes and how the characters are connected. It also makes me want to visit New York City again very soon.

Have you read this book? What are you reading now?

Psst... January's Book.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...